Tuesday, April 4, 2017

So Delicious Creamer & Ice Cream Review!

On a recent trip to the United States, I finally tried a third vegan Ben & Jerry's flavour, Chunky Monkey. While I'm not a huge fan of the overpowering banana as the star in ice creams (although I surprisingly really enjoy homemade Banana "Nice Cream"), what I ended up not liking about this ice cream was how sweet it was, and that's coming from someone with sweet teeth, not just a sweet tooth, so it is saying a lot.

Still, knowing that America is the land of vegan products not yet available in Canada, I decided to take advantage of that. While in a grocery store, I checked out their vegan ice cream section and did a double-take to see that So Delicious had a vegan version of my all-time favourite ice cream flavour Jamocha Almond Fudge, which they called Mocha Almond Fudge. As a kid, I fell in love with this flavour at a birthday party, since it was the base of the best ice cream cake I had ever tasted. Not realizing there was a vegan option available anywhere, I quickly grabbed it hoping it tasted something like what I remembered.

The same day, I bought a creamer, courtesy of So Delicious as well. Since I was in the U.S. for a short time, I didn't want to buy a large vegan milk and waste it (I usually just use some in coffee or for my chicory root tea) so I opted to buy a small coconut creamer. I don't think I have ever tried a creamer, but the size of it sold me and after checking over the sugar levels, I felt it was the best option.
Before putting any of the groceries away, I quickly opened the ice cream and tried it. Verdict? Absolutely delicious, and remember that I had very high hopes and expectations. It was perfect and tasted exactly like the Jamocha Almond Fudge I used to love. A "taste test" soon become an actual helping, as you can see below:
No regrets!
The next morning I tried the creamer and it was great--just note it does actually taste like coconut, which I appreciate, but if you're looking for a milder flavour, almond milk would be a better option.
A splash in some coffee or chicory root tea is all you need!
I also was happy about the fact that the latter was not overwhelmingly sweet, since I don't like the taste of sugar in coffee. Both products got the stamp of approval from me for being convenient vegan treats. If you are interested in the nutritional info about either of these products, here you go:
I hope to find these options in Canada soon and recreate that childhood Jamocha Almond Fudge cake!

3 comments:

  1. Some nice piece of information!
    Love the clicks :)
    CarRental8 Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to visit on my next travel http://www.traveldiscountsinfo.com

    ReplyDelete